Department for Education
The Department for Education is responsible for education and children’s services in England. We work to achieve a highly educated society in which opportunity is equal for children and young people, no matter what their background or family circumstances.
We are responsible for:
- teaching and learning for children in the early years and in primary schools
- teaching and learning for young people under the age of 19 years in secondary schools and in further education
- supporting professionals who work with children and young people
- helping disadvantaged children and young people to achieve more
- making sure that local services protect and support children.
In 2014 to 2015, our priorities are to:
- create a self-improving school-led system
- develop a great workforce - with strong leadership
- increase rigour and expectations of curriculums, assessment and behaviour
- protect and increase opportunity for vulnerable children
- support schools to prepare well-rounded young people for success in adult life
- remove unnecessary regulation and bureaucracy
- improve accountability
- allocate funding more fairly and effectively.
Who to contact
- Contact Position
- Ministerial and Public Communications Division
- 0370 000 2288
Where to go
- Department For Education
- M1 2WD