Special Educational Needs Monitoring and Assessment Service (SENMAS)
The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Monitoring and Assessment Service is responsible for the administration of the statutory assessment process and for the Annual Review of Statements / Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCs).
The Service now supports children and young people from 0 - 25 years of age.
All children and young people with SEN have a right to an education that enables them to make progress so that they:
- achieve their best;
- become confident individuals and live fulfilling lives;
- make a successful transition into becoming an adult, whether that's into further and higher education, training or work.
When making decisions about SEN or Disabilities, the Service must:
- have regard to the views, wishes and feelings of children, their parents and young people;
- make sure that children, their parents and young people participate as fully as possible in decisions that affect them;
- provide support to children, their parents and young people so that children and young people do well educationally and can prepare properly for adulthood.
In addition, the Service incorporates specialist careers advice and guidance for young people with Statements / EHC Plans.
Schools wishing to access the EHC Hub to make an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessment or to hold an Annual Review, can access it here
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- 01782 231863
Where to go
Stoke on Trent
- ST3 7NE