Landau - Day Opportunities/Personal Budget
Landau Ltd is a registered charity established in 1995 to support people with a learning barrier to lead more independent lives and where possible to progress into employment. Landau is very proud to have served the local Stoke and North Staffordshire community for over 20 years. As a local charity we work to enable individuals to succeed to their fullest potential. Our dedicated team of staff are committed to supporting:
- Adults with a learning barrier
- Young people and adults seeking pathways into employment
- Business start-up and social enterprises
- Community learning, enterprise projects and social action.
Landau provides a meaningful alternative to historic day service provision engaging people with a range of learning barriers in meaningful work focused activities. With the long term aim of creating user led social enterprises. We operate all year round except for two weeks during the Christmas period. We offer a 1-5 day provision and believe our offer is unique and has lots of benefits. We are a supported employment provider and work related training organisation, providing small group activity or one-to-one, individual support for people with a learning barrier. People accessing personal budgets can get the chance to experience a range of work-related and occupational activities through the day opportunities we provide from our Creating Futures programme. We also offer support for those looking for volunteering, work placements or employment and our mentors help those looking to re-enter the job market following long-term sickness, unemployment, as well as those who have never been employed. To help individuals isolated from society, our community programmes offer an ideal way for people to re-engage by getting involved in worthwhile local projects.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Jo Edwards
- Contact Position
- Centre Manager
- 01782 324398
Our Creating Futures programme offers a wide range of workshop based activities including horticulture, woodcraft, catering, painting and decorating, arts and crafts, life skills, domestic skills, IT and media and business administration. Each activity is planned and follows a path of individualised learning to ensure everyone benefits from the experience. Progression is measured and monitored; priority areas for personal development are identified and developed. Service users expand their own social networks whilst developing practical skills. We provide tailored information, advice and guidance (IAG) to support individuals, helping them to make informed decisions on their future. Our comprehensive range of training programmes can provide people with the skills they need to fulfil their potential. We also offer one day events where potential service users are invited to select and experience 3 different activities over the course of the day. These taster days are available for transitioning young people from specialist school provision, colleges and schools and current personal budget holders.
Our Creating Futures programme offers six vocational areas. Each one provides a focus for skills, training and enterprise activity. We work with our customers to create a personal programme that matches individual needs, interests and abilities.
Find your Future: learn about succeeding in the job market. Gain the skills you need for work. Try our work projects and placements with support and coaching.
Connect to your Future: learn about IT, digital skills and communication. Gain the skills relevant to work in business, administration and on-line industries. Gain confidence in technology and social media.
Grow your Future: Learn about plants, crops and flowers. Gain skills in gardening, growing and harvesting. Contribute to community and environmental projects and work outdoors.
Cater for your Future: Learn about the food and catering industry. Gain skills in food preparation and service and try working in our community café. Learn about health and hygiene and all of the importance of good nutrition.
Make your Future: Learn about work in arts, crafts and creative industries. Gain the skills to make and sell your own artisan products. Get involved in mini-enterprises and market places.
Care for your Future: Learn about managing all the aspects of life that enable independent living. Gain experience of the wider world and skills relevant to the caring industries or for your own independent living.
Where to go
- Landau Training and Enterprise Centre
- ST3 3NW
Landau’s Training and Enterprise Centre is located in Waterside Drive, Newstead, ST3 3NW.
Welcoming, modern and accessible, this centre provides workshop facilities, meeting rooms, IT suites as well as an excellent cafe and catering kitchen. The grounds around the centre include our own vegetable plots, strawberry beds and space to further expand our provision over time.
The centre is available for community events or private party hire in the evenings and weekends. With good parking, we are well-served by regular bus routes from Hanley and Newcastle, with a bus stop immediately outside the centre. Close to Trentham and Longton, and easily reached from Stone, the Newstead centre welcomes trainees from across Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire. Unfortunately we do not offer adult changing facilities. All of our activities are accessible and our centre is an open venue.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £48 Per day
- Landau Ltd offers a competitive rate for day opportunities at £48 per day. This covers participation in the Creating Futures programme in a small group setting. Additional costs for one - one support.
- Referral Details
Call the Stoke Office and ask to speak to Sharon Bradshaw on 01782 324 398 or Text: 07860 848 035 or Email email@example.com. Or you can simply pop in for a friendly chat at our Newstead Training and Enterprise Centre. We operate all year round except for two weeks during the Christmas period. We offer a 1-5 day provision and believe our offer is unique and has lots of benefits.
Our Creating Futures programme offers;
- A strong focus on skills and learning
- A Warm, friendly and safe environment in which to learn and train
- Expert and experienced staff, dedicating to helping you to achieve your goals
- An exciting and engaging programme, with real work tasks and activities
- Good facilities, modern and attractive spaces that provide easy access
- An approach that supports your wellbeing – through a focus on work, enterprise, learning and lifestyle
- Clear emphasis on progress and progression – enabling you to improve and enhance your knowledge and skills
- Fun, laughter and friendship – being a part of our happy Landau experience!
- Other notes
Landau is a user driven organisation which operates an open culture which reflects the individual and person centred nature of the services we provide.
- To improve significantly the quality of life for our client group by providing opportunities and route ways to employment. • To provide, through access to learning and culture, opportunities for personal development, personal growth and enrichment. • To build connections between individuals and employers. • To employ people passionate about enabling our service users achieve their full potential. • To provide high quality services to vulnerable people.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer adult training facilities and our centre is an open venue.
- Related links