Our usual sessions will stop over the Summer period but we are offering an alternate programme, please click here to view: Summer Dance Programme 2022
The Breakthrou'dance Programme includes three integrated and inclusive community groups targeted at disabled people. The programme is not exclusively for disabled people, as we are experienced at integrating people of different ages and abilities together to ensure each participant is challenged whilst ensuring everyone can enjoy and achieve together.
In a safe and friendly environment participants are guided through a range of creative dance activities, to gain and develop skills in contemporary dance technique, choreography and performance. Each participant is challenged and taught in a way that is personal to their ability level and communication needs, within a group setting.
There are three groups:
- Youth (11-18 years) - Mondays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm at Swan Bank Church, Swan Square, Burslem, ST6 2AA.
- Adult (18+ years) - Thursdays from 6:30pm to 8:00pm at St John's Centre, Newcastle Rd, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 6QD.
- aDvANCE (experienced dancers 18+ years) - Thursday's 2:45pm to 4:15pm at St John's Centre, Newcastle Rd, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 6QD.
Dance styles include:
- Creative dance
- Co-create dances with our professional dance artists
- Meet new friends
- Improve your health and wellbeing
All our workshops are inclusive and build confidence. We provide a place where each individual can be expressive, learn about themselves and each other, and form new friendships. This means that we consider each individuals ability level, how they process information, physicality, preferred communication methods, creativity, and previous experience.
We want to make sure that our workshops are accessible, relevant, engaging and challenging to everyone who is part of it. We want our members to thrive and enjoy themselves, whilst we nourish enthusiasm.
We are flexible in our approach and often change pace and content when it's needed. We are led by the dancers in the Adult Group, and work together to ensure that each person's voice is at the centre of what we do.
Who to contact
Where to go
All venues have wheelchair access, good level parking and disabled toilet facilities. FRONTLINEdance have measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00/£6.00 Per session
- FRONTLINEdance adopt a 'Pay What You Can' Policy, for more information please contact; email@example.com. We kindly ask that fees are paid in advance, by BACS (if possible), half termly/termly. £4 - one hour session. £6 - one and a half hour session.