Skip to main content

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Tribunals

You can appeal to the special educational needs and disabiltiy tribunal if you disagree with the Local Authority decisions about your child's special educational needs.

For example, the Local Authority may not agree that your child needs extra support in the classroom to help them with their learning difficulties.

You can also appeal to the tribunal if the school or Local Authority has discriminated against your disabled child.


Special Educational Needs Appeals

 You can appeal for a number of reasons, e.g. if the Local Authority refuses to:

  •  assess your child’s special educational needs
  •  agree an Educational, Health and Care Plan for your child
  •  reassess their needs.

For further information contact Stoke-on-Trent 's Special Educational Needs Assessment and Monitoring Service (SENMAS) or our SEND Information, Advice & Support Service (SENDIASS)

Other Details


Sign in to write a review

Back to top