Dyslexia Assessment - Leek Dyslexia Support
You can simply make a self- referral to the service at Leek Dyslexia Support by contacting us directly on 01538 398544. School referrals are also welcomed.
Georgina will have a chat with you about your concerns and advise an appropriate course of action. Where possible we will advise you the most suitable, effective, efficient and economical route to obtain an assessment.
If you are a parent of a child in school wishing to investigate concerns about dyslexia, we always advocate advising school you wish to have your child's difficulties looked into or that you have chosen to take the route of private assessment.
Please see our Q & A page about reports commissioned by school and reports conducted privately.
We can provide screenings or full diagnostic assessments, including a detailed report of strengths and difficulties, with recommendations for intervention.
What to expect:
- We offer a professional but friendly service in a relaxed purpose built office. You can be assured of confidentiality and no disclosure of your details unless you request this.
- The assessment starts with a friendly chat to acquire information about any familial links to dyslexia, your childhood milestone developments, and where you feel your strengths and weakness are.
- Following this we conduct an in-depth screening test. This is a quick and efficient way to ascertain an outcome. Usually this is sufficient evidence if your child is at school and you wish to obtain an outcome where school will look into the matter further and start to make reasonable adjustments or provide additional support. This will also be a useful report for employers.
- Please allow around 1 to 2 hrs for the initial assessment.
- However if you wish to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA), we suggest a more in-depth report is conducted. In addition if you need assessments conducting for Access Arrangements, additional tests may be required.
- Once the assessment is complete, a full in depth report will be written. You will be invited for a FREE follow-up appointment to discuss the results. A copy of the report will be given to you.
- A copy of your report will remain on our files and should further copies be required, you can always request this.
- Once you have a completed report, if required, we can liaise with your school, college or employer to help them interpret the results and understand how to implement any recommendations for reasonable adjustments.
As per the DfES guidelines, our assessor is fully qualified specialist professional holding a current Practising Certificate in SpLD issued by PATOSS; they are full members of PATOSS, have gained AMBDA status with the British Dyslexia Association and are covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance. Assessments are carried out using DfES recommended tests and all reports issued conform to the requested format.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Leek Dyslexia and Literacy Support
41, Nab Hill Avenue
- ST13 8EF
Assessment appointments can be made to suit your needs and times of availability.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Simple self referral, call to book your appointment.
Schools can use the service without any Service Level Agreement.
- Other notes
Experience of working with individuals of all ages. Also experience of working with students with complex and additional SPLDs. Working with students from non- mainstream scgools and EBD settings