Sporting Stars Academy
We are a fully inclusive school that affords all young people the opportunity to engage in learning, supported by a well-establishedand dedicated staff team that have the prowess to engage, motivate and inspire young people.
We provide a high quality of academic and personal development oportunities which improves the intellectual and emotional well-being of our students and enables them to gain qualifications, enjoy sport and benefit positively from the schools holistic approach to pastoral care.
Who to contact
Where to go
Stoke on Trent
- ST2 7AS
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 11-16 years
- How does this setting know if their children/young person needs extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?
All students are assessed upon entry to the school, the headteacher is a qualified SENCO. Parents/guardians should contact the head teacher directly to discuss the needs of their child.
- How will the setting support my child/young person?
Students are supported with their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development. A holistic IEP in created upon entry to the school. The information is collated from all sources, including child and parent/guardian input.
- How will teaching approaches and the curriculum be matched to my child or young person's needs?
The curriculum will be bespoke to the child’s needs and interest whilst ensuring that they have access to English and maths. Students will have support in every lesson and the group sizes are never larger than 12.
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support their learning?
Student achievement, attendance, punctuality and behaviour for learning is tracked daily. This is shared with parents, schools and other agencies as appropriate.
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall wellbeing?
Students are supported with their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development on a needs led basis.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting?
We work with a multitude of outside agencies in addition to school staff. The headteacher is a qualified SENCO.
- What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEND have had or are having?
All staff have a range of experience and qualifications to enable them to support children with SEND.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
Sporting Stars Academy is an inclusive school and all young people will access all learning opportunities. Where there is a need for any adjustments, these will be made in collaboration with the child, their parent/guardian and any other agencies as appropriate.
- How accessible is the environment?
Fully accessible with an access ramp, accessible toilet and shower facilities.
- How will the setting prepare and support my child/young person to join the next stage of education and life?
We work in collaboration with the careers service, offer post-16 provision on site and support all of our young people into further educational opportunities.
- How are the setting's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
We have a needs led budget for all young people accessing education at Sporting Stars Academy.
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
The decision is made in collaboration with the child, their parents/guardian, the directors (including the headteacher) and all other appropriate parties.
- How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
Sporting Stars Academy have an ‘open door’ policy and parents/ carers are encouraged to play an active role in their child’s education. Further details are available upon application to the school.
Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to write a review
Best surpport for children
this school is the best for surpporting your child my daughter was kicked out of her previous school every week for six months she was told by teachers she would get no where in life they got away with bullying her but sporting stars turned her life around she got the highest gcse in art she is a great art drawer she’s now doing a level at sporting stairs and training to be a art teacher the teachers at the school care about your children and there education as well as there well being if yu are haveing problems with your school and your child is suffering then I would highly recommend looking at sporting stars well done to Emma and Shaun from sporting stars for making a difference in children’s lives from a parent Mrs Julie tezgel