Home to School Transport
It is the responsibility of parents to ensure that their children get to and from school at the appropriate time each day.
We will provide assistance with a pupil’s school transport arrangements if they meet the following criteria:
- Is resident in the Stoke-on-Trent City Council area (your council tax is paid to Stoke-on-Trent City Council)
- Is under 16 years of age on 31 August 2022
- Is a pupil who lives three miles or more from the nearest appropriate school to their home, calculated by the shortest acceptable walking route (for children under the age of eight this qualifying distance is reduced to two miles)
- Is a pupil from a low income family* and lives more than two but less than six miles from one of the three nearest appropriate schools to their home
- Is a pupil attending a faith school based on religious belief where the school is the nearest appropriate faith school and is more than three but less than 15 miles from their home. Such transport is provided at a cost of £450 per academic year with a 33 per cent reduction for additional siblings. Evidence of faith may be requested.
- Is a pupil from a low income family* and attending a faith school based on religious belief where the nearest appropriate faith school is more than two but less than 15 miles from their home. Evidence of faith may be requested
* ‘Low income’ refers to a family where children are entitled to free school meals or the parents are in receipt of maximum Working Tax Credit. It is the responsibility of the parent to provide evidence of maximum Working Tax Credit with this application form if applicable.
If you feel you meet the eligibility criteria set out in the Stoke on Trent Travel Assistance Policy 2022-2023 (available in the Downloads section of this page), you will need to complete the Parental Transport Assessment Form (available in the Downloads section of this page) and return it to us as soon as possible to the address shown at the bottom of this page.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Emma Abbotts
- Contact Position
- SENMAS Team Lead
- Ben Evans - 01782 232402
Where to go
- SEN Monitoring and Assessment Service - Transport
Stoke on Trent
- ST3 7NE