Change, Grow, Live - Specialist children and young people's advocacy and independent visitor services
We offer advocacy and independent visitor services.
Independent Advocacy Service
We provide an advocacy service for the following groups of children and young people:
- Looked after children.
- Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Children subject to a child protection plan.
- Children with a learning disability and difficulties.
The role of an advocate is to:
• Listen to children and young people.
• Help views, wishes and feelings be heard.
• Can go to meetings with young people or on their behalf (including Looked After Child reviews, child protection meetings, EHCP meetings, SEND tribunals and mediation, education meetings, PLO meetings, Child in Need meetings and many more)
• Explain and champion the rights children and young people have.
• Help young people make a complaint if they need this support.
Independent Visitor Service
An independent visitors service is available to looked after children in Staffordshire.
Independent visitors provide both emotional and practical advice and support throughout their journey from care to independent living. Volunteers are matched with a child or young person age 8 - 18 years of age (when referred before 17 ½ years), who require extra support and encouragement.
Who to contact
- 07809 587 007
Where to go
- ST1 5DD
We currently do not have access to post and ask that any correspondence is sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referral Details
Self-referrals can be made or referrals can be made on behalf of the young person by anybody as long as they have the young person's consent to do so.
Referrals can be made by completing the online form found on the CGL website link or by completing the referral form below and emailing to email@example.com