Stoke-on-Trent City Council Sensory Team
If you live in Stoke on Trent the sensory team may be able to help you if you or your child has a visual impairment, or if you have a hearing impairment and are 18 years old or more.
Who are we?
The team consists of a Rehabilitation Officer for visually impaired people and a sensory Technician
Who can use the service?
We work with both children and adults who have a visual impairment and those who have a dual sensory loss i.e. deaf/blind. We also support adults with hearing loss.
What can we offer?
We can offer provide an assessment for a visually impaired person in relation to their needs. From the assessment the rehabilitation officer is then able to support with the needs that have been identified.
The needs identified can be.
- Support with Daily activities kitchen skills, making a drink, using the correct settings on kitchen appliances, making a sandwich etc.
- Orientation and Mobility training to use a long cane, to enable the person to access the community safely.
- Communication skills training to use appropriate aids to enable reading letters etc.
- Information and advice aids available.
- Information on agencies that are able to provide advice on benefits available.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Steel House
- ST1 5SZ
- Referral Details
To access specialist sensory support please contact Stoke-on-Trent Social Care on 0800 561 0015.
Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to write a review
Thank you e
David and myself would like to thank Carol for the help and support that we have received. We are going to use all the valuable advice and tips that she gave to us . We have learned so much and will continue to work together as carol advised . We are truly thankful for the amazing service we received. We don't feel alone anymore. Thank you for everything you have done for us kind regards David Grocott and wife Lorraine