PEGiS - Parent Engagement Group in Stoke
What is PEGiS?
A forum/support group for:
- parents/carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND)
- young people (up to the age of 25) with SEND to engage in informal discussion around educational issues and concerns.
How often do you meet?
We have informal meetings on the first Wednesday of every month at Westfield Children’s Centre, Buccleuch Road, Longton, SoT, ST3 4RF. Meetings will last for 1-2 hours.
Who can attend?
Any parent or carer of a child/young person with special educational needs, or young person with SEN and/or Disability.
What sort of things will be on the agenda?
- Welcome and introductions, tea and coffee.
- Update on SEN issues - local and national.
- Discussion of concerns and share experiences.
- Ideas for future meetings - a chance to tell us what YOU want out of the group.
- Visiting speakers from the Local Authority or organisations.
What are the purposes and aims of the group?
- To act as a forum for information exchange between service users/service providers.
- To give parents/carers/young people an opportunity to air concerns and share experiences relating to their child’s Special Educational Needs and/or Disability.
- For parents/carers/young people to become better informed about SEN processes and procedures so that they feel empowered to challenge Local Authority Policy and Practice
- To provide a practical vehicle for offering feedback to the Local Authority enabling parent/carers views to be heard with regard to SEN and disability issues.
- To continually seek to improve the ways that parent/carers/young people can participate in shaping the Local Authority’s SEN and Disability Policy Development.
Please see the Downloads section on the right of this page to view our leaflet and poster with the relevant dates and times of our meetings.
Working alongside Turning Corners, PEGiS hold regular workshops which focus solely on issues that affect us all i.e. ADHD, Autism, Therapeutic Parenting, Sensory Processing, Attachment, Conflict Resolution and many more.
These workshops are informal and are aimed to help you to understand the world from your child's perspective.
If you would like further information about these workshops, please view our Facebook page or webpage. The links for these are shown below.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Westfield Childrens Centre
Stoke on Trent
- ST3 4RF
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- Referral required