The Children and Families Act (2014) has introduced a new approach to the way children, young people and their families are supported.
The Local Offer brings together information from education, health and social care about Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) in one place and covers children and young people from birth to 25 years.
The Stoke on Trent SEND Local Offer is a live developing resource which will continue to be developed through contributions from parents/carers, children, young people, professionals and practitioners.
The Local Offer provides information around:
special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities - this should include online and blended learning
details of how parents and young people can request an assessment for an EHC plan
arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people’s SEN - this should include arrangements for EHC needs assessments
- other educational provision, for example sports or arts provision, paired reading schemes:
- post-16 education and training provision
- apprenticeships, traineeships and supported internships
- information needed to enable a child or young person with SEND to participate, enjoy and achieve their goals.
- specialist services for children and young people with SEN or disabilities who require specialised, longer term support
- information about health and social care services and other provision supporting children and young people with SEN or disabilities.
- information around being independent, preparing for adulthood and things to do
- information on childcare and local groups
- information on where to gain information and advice.
The search bar lets you search using any combination of category, keywords and location.
- Category - use this if you know the type of results you want to find
- by Keywords - type one or more words to describe what you are looking for (e.g. housing)
- by Location - use this to find results which serve your location. Try a placename such as Godalming, or postcode (KT1 2DW or CR1) etc.
More Advice on Keyword Searching
Typing in a word or a few words into the Keywords box brings you back all entries that contain at least one of the words you have entered. You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
The plus sign (+) before a word means that each of the results must contain that word, so the example search below brings back only records results containing both of the words housing and advice, for example:
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example:
Using search filters
Once you have your search results, you may be able to improve them still further by selecting one or more of the search filters which are displayed in lists to the right of your results. These filters allow you to limit results by subject area (such as 'Money Matters'), and by user group (such as 'Carers') and so on. The more use you make of the filters, the more focussed your results will be.
Sorting your search results
You can change the sort order of your search results using the options that are shown in the section just above your results. Depending on the type of search that you have done, your results can appear in any of the following sort orders:
- Sorted by relevance (i.e. the best match to your search)
- Sorted alphabetically (i.e. in A-Z order of title with numbers first)
- Sorted by distance (only if you have done a full postcode search)
- Sorted by user rating (i.e. results that have been given the highest rating by other users first).
Searching this website for information, you understand and agree the following conditions.
- The City of Stoke on Trent SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by City of Stoke on Trent Council.
The information contained within the Stoke Local Offer website is for the purposes of identifying to anyone accessing the Site (the "Users") the availability of services, providers and related advice to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities, and their families.
- Users of Stoke Local Offer are responsible themselves for ensuring that services or providers are suited to their needs. We recommend you check the suitability.
The content of the Stoke Local Offer site does not imply recommendation or endorsement by the City of Stoke on Trent Council.
You can leave Reviews about your experience of any listing on the website. Your honest opinions may help other people choose the best service or activity for them.
- The City of Stoke on Trent Council do not edit or control the content posted to or distributed on the Stoke Local Offer site by Registered Users and the Council will not, in any way, be responsible or liable for such Content.
The City of Stoke on Trent Council does, however, reserve the right for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion to remove any Content on the Site without notice.
- Registered Services and Providers are responsible for accurate information and updating their pages. Errors and inaccuracies should be reported directly.
City of Stoke on Trent Council, therefore, do not guarantee the accuracy, and disclaims all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information on the Stoke Local Offer site.
If you believe any content to be inaccurate, please let us know.
- Those accessing the Stoke Local Offer site do so at their own risk.
In no event will the City of Stoke on Trent Council be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential losses or damages or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption.
- Use of the Stoke Local Offer site by any User is subject to the acceptance of these conditions.